Sunday, July 18, 2010

Going back to the Lagoon!

Had the chance to go back at la Rosette in Hemmingford on July 14th. The sky quality was very good but alas, humidity was also present. This ruined completely ruined my plans as my C8 became foggy quite fast.

Oh and btw, the new motor focus works like a charm!

My first target of the night was the Lagoon nebula. This is a 25 minutes equivalent exposure of 50x30secs frames mostly at 400 ISO (some 1600 ISO shots were also done to test and I included them here). No dark or anything else. I figured that since my session was ruined, I was going down in flame. But the results are quite good! M20 is also visible.

Note for the next time: buy either a dew-zapper or a dew shield (or both!).


Messier 8 : The Lagoon Nebula

40 frames x 30 seconds @ 400 ISO
10 frames x 30 seconds @ 1600 ISO
No darks
Canon Rebel Xs (not modified)
Orion ShortTube (D=80mm F=400mm)
No guiding (whatsoever)




Processed with DeepSky Stacker, NeatImage and the Gimp


Location: La Rosette, Hemmingford, Qc, Canada. 




Date/Time: 2010/07/14 @ 22:42 EDT

No comments:

Post a Comment